Why dogs need Regular Grooming
- If you have a groomable breed (Poodle, Bichon Frise’, Cocker, etc.) the grooming should be a regular routine so the dog gets accustomed to this type of handling. If the dog is not used to his grooming, the time spent can be very traumatic.
- Regular grooming helps keep the hair from becoming matted, removes dead skin cells and excess hair. Your pet is clean and pleasant smelling making him more comfortable and more huggable.
- Regular grooming can stop problems before they start. For example: keeping nails neatly trimmed helps prevent foot related problems and keeps you from being scratched.
- When grooming your dog, the stylist goes over every inch of his body several times. Often a groomer can spot a problem such as a tumor, swollen lymph nodes, ear infections, cuts or parasites that you may have overlooked, alerting you to see your veterinarian early.
- A routine visit to the grooming salon helps socialize your dog by exposing him to new people, sounds, smells and other dogs.