Dog owners often have to tend to pets that have been stung by a bee. Because your dog may be fearful or in pain, approach her calmly and carefully. Don’t assume that she won’t snap or bite you – injured pets often react negatively at first to any attempt to touch them. Talk soothingly and move slowly so she can see that you mean her no harm.
If your dog is stung, restrain her and remove the stinger either with tweezers or by scraping it out (moving parallel to the skin surface).
Bathing the stung spot with a mix of water and baking soda will ease some of the pain.
Swelling can be reduced by applying ice packs or giving a dose of Benedryl. Be sure to ask your veterinarian for the proper dosage.